Last Updated：October 14, 2016
This gassho style rest area is located on the eastern street within the world heritage area. It provides information and a place for visitors to take a rest.
Inside the building, visitors can rest in a spacious tatami room and a baby changing and breast-feeding space is available. There is also an ‘Introduction to Shirakawa-go’ panel . The former residence now offers visitors a place to rest and get information about the village.
||Former Fujisaka Residence Rest Area
||Ogi-machi, Shirakawa Village, Gifu Prefecture.
||Open daily from 9:00 – 16:00 (closed in winter, there may also be irregular closures and closures due to bad weather)
- Fire is strictly prohibited, the whole building is a no-smoking area.
- No food (please do not eat in the rest area)
- Unfortunately wheelchair access is not possible.
- There are no toilets (please use the nearest public toilet)
- No littering, please take your garbage with you.
* Please note that the above information is provided for reference. There may be cases where it differs from current information.